Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Fresh Start

I think I've "started over" about a thousand times in my life to lose weight.  I think I have finally decided though, that it isn't about trying to lose weight for a specific reason (although, to be completely honest, I really do want to fit into my "summer" clothes for vacation at the end of April).  But, that instead, it is about trying to be healthy every day.  Yesterday was March 1st which I decided was as good a day as any to start this new journey.  March 1st was a Friday not a Monday (which is when most "starts" begin), but I decided why not start on a Friday, maybe this can be my new breakthrough and my new beginning.

I've been stalking following Mama Laughlin and Skinny Meg for awhile now, they are very inspirational and I really enjoy reading their blogs.  Together they are starting a new cleanse on Monday.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I've been using Isagenix products for over 2 years now - so I think I'll start my 9-day Isagenix Cleanse when they start their cleanse next week.  Another reason that I have decided to recommit is that I have my annual physical on Monday - and when I looked back at my "vitals" from my visit last year I weighed 15 pounds less than I do now.  I was having success on the Isagenix program last year and I worked really hard to drop that 15 pounds......but then I slacked off on eating well and exercising and basically blew it - I gained all of the weight back and I'm now right back at the same weight I was when I started the program.  Every day when I put on my pants, I am reminded of how great it was last year when my pants were loose and almost to the point that I could buy a smaller size........I want to get back to that feeling.

I have a thousand execuses about why I gained the weight back, but instead of focusing on those.....I want to focus on my goals.  My goals are to eat healthier, to go to the gym at least 4x per week (cardio and weight training) and to run a 5K this summer.  I'm hoping that as a side-benefit to this focus I will in fact lose some lbs along the way (lets not kid ourselves that it isn't one of my true goals). 

So, this is my journey and it started yesterday.  I got up at 4:30am, crawled my way out of bed and busted it to the gym.  Day 1 complete.........only the rest of my life to go :)  Yesterday's program was C25K and some arm weight training.  I used the C25K program last year and made it all the way to week 6; but since it's been awhile since I've gone running jogging, I thought it was best to start over.  And last, to keep track of everything and to hold myself accountable, I started tracking on myfitnesspal.com again, I really like that program, it is a really simple way to track my food and my exercise. 

Here is a picture that we had taken in November, this is my constant reminder of how tight my jeans are now when last year, they were loose.  I do "like" the picture, just not how tight my jeans are and large my butt is in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment