Monday, March 11, 2013

No Bake Energy Pops

I love cake pops, brownie pops, and just about anything that that is a yummy bite size "pop" of deliciousness.  So, while I browse around pinterest on a daily basis, I always see posts for no-bake energy bites, and today I decided to try to create a recipe based on the ones I've seen around.

I don't love coconut and my kids and hubby for sure won't eat anything with coconut in it, so I adapted slightly the recipe I found here:  Gimmesomeoven

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (dry oatmeal)
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla






Mix all ingredients together until well blended and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Once chilled, roll the mixture into balls/pops (about 1 inch in diameter).  Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.

Makes about 24 pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment