Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pinterest Intervention

OK, like many other people out there, Pinterest is one of my obsessions!!! I just cannot get enough of the site; I think I may need an intervention.  But, I love it - I have found so many amazing posts, pictures, recipes and just all around things on that site, I could spend an entire day on the site, if I had that much time.  As it is, I probably spend more time on there than I should.....but, for now, that is ok.  I love to look at all of the recipes, and here are a few of my favorites desserts:
Basically my rule of thumb with any recipe I find online or in a cookbook - is that the first time I always follow the recipe exactly the way that it says too, and then the 2nd time I make it my own way.  I've tried a few of the recipes that I've pinned --- so successful and some not so much --- so as soon as I can, I will add some new recipes that I've adapted and made my own!

A few of my favorite other dinner recipes are here:
  • Quinoa and Black Bean Peppers that I pinned from Joy Bauer's website.  I didn't have any quinoa (I've never actually bought it, but I did have a package of Archer Farms Whole Grain Medley mix that I used in its place) they were really yummy.
  • Baked Parmesean Chicken - I ended up only using 4 chicken breasts, but didn't adjust the mix to go on top of the chicken, so there was a bit more "sauce" than yummy parm browned on top --- but it was still really yummy, next time I'll cut back on the mayo --- my hubby who cannot stand mayo, didn't even realize that is what I used.  The chicken was really moist and yummy!
  • Buffalo Chicken rolls - these were so yummy too; from Can you stay for dinner.  Her site is also so inspirational, she has lost over 100 pounds and she has a lot of great recipes.
So, now it's time to get back to pinterest - to see what other fun recipes and inspirations I can find, Happy Pinning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment