Monday, March 4, 2013

Protein Shake Recipes

I am constantly experimenting with shake flavors --- when you drink them twice a day almost every day ---- it is important to mix things up, so you don't get bored with flavor of just plain vanilla or chocolate.  I almost always make my shakes in my Isablender (similar to a Magic Bullet).  I about 4oz of cold water to the blender first in the bottom, then I add any other ingredients (like peanut butter, banana chunks or other frozen fruits), next I add the shake mix and I top it off with a mixture of 4oz of water and about 5 or 6 ice cubes.  The Isagenix Isalean Shakes have active enzymes in them - so you need to drink the shake within about 10 minutes of mixing the protein powder with water.

Here are some of my favorite recipes:
Note:  I like to use 1 scoop of vanilla and 1 scoop of chocolate in my shakes --- but you can always just use 2 scoops of a single flavor if you prefer.  My recipes all state Isalean Shake Mix, but feel free to use whatever protein mix you have.  If you are interested in Isagenix, you can check out the products here:  Isagenix Isalean Shakes 

Peanutty Banana
1 scoop Creamy Dutch Chocolate Isalean Shake Mix
1 scoop Creamy French Vanilla Isalean Shake Mix
8oz cold water
5-6 ice cubes
1 chunk (about 1/8) of a frozen banana
1 Tbsp Natural (Organic) Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter)

Strawberry Banana
1 scoop Creamy French Vanilla Isalean Shake Mix
1 scoop Creamy Dutch Chocolate Isalean Shake Mix
1 scoop Isafruits (optional)
8oz cold water
5-6 ice cubes
1 chunk (about 1/8) of a frozen banana
5-6 frozen strawberries

Chocolate Mint
2 scoops Creamy Dutch Chocolate Isalean Shake Mix
8oz cold water
5-6 icecubes
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp mint extract
Isadelight Plus Chocolate crushed (optional)


No comments:

Post a Comment