Monday, March 25, 2013

Say Cheese!

5 weeks until vacation - so I have decided to try a modified version of "clean eating".  I don't think I can go cold turkey of 100% clean for 5 weeks, but I'm going to try to cut out some of the things I over indulge in.....like CHEESE.  In hindsight, I probably should have given it up for lent, talk about a sacrifice! 

After spending the weekend with my kiddos, sans hubby....I realized we eat A LOT of cheese in our house.  The girls aren't big "cheese" breakfast eaters....they are mostly sweet eaters for breakfast, cereal, waffles, pancakes, etc.  I think we may need to come up with a few more "on the go-quick meal ideas" for the girls that don't include cheese - YIKES!!  Here is just a sampling of the "cheesy meals" the girls had while Ryan was gone:
  • Friday Dinner:  Cheese Quesadillas
  • Saturday Lunch:  McDonald's (special treat for them) - Isabelle had a cheeseburger / Lauren had chicken nuggets - they both gobbled up the apple slices and they ate about 10 french fries total between them (WHAT? That is the BEST Part - so of course I ate about 1/2 of them, thank you very much) 
  • Saturday Dinner:  This one didn't have any cheese, it was "breakfast dinner" and they both had French Toast Sticks
  • Sunday Lunch:  Pepperoni Pizza at Target
  • Sunday Dinner:  Macaroni & Cheese w/ 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich. 
Now, I didn't eat most of that insanity.........dinners all 3 nights for me were Isalean Shakes instead.  I did eat with the girls at McDonald's:  I had a Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad (it did have some shredded cheese on it and I only used 1/2 the dressing) and -see above - about 1/2 of their fries.

Ok, enough of that, back to the topic at hand:  No Cheese.  Here is my Monday lunch:  Salad with mixed greens, grilled chicken, black beans, chopped peppers, 1 tbsp ranch (I know, I know - but cut me some slack, it's baby steps here) and 2 tbsp salsa.  Did you notice, NO CHEESE!  It was REALLY hard to skip that!  I did buy some Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch salad dressing, but I forgot it at home....I think I need to bring it to work for my salads!   


Happy No Cheese Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment