Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Work Out Wednesday

I realized I just published my "recipe" post ---- but I wanted to start tracking my workouts mid-week; so I have a good plan for the rest of the week to make sure I can hit my goal of working out at least 5x each week.  Unless I haven't worked out at all by Wednesday (gahhhh) in which case, 5x isn't going to even be possible with 2-a-day workouts.....but let's not even go there.

I haven't worked out yet today - but my goal/plan is to go to the gym after work with my sister to do a body pump class.  I love, love, love body pump - but it has been at least 6 months since I've been to a class.  I have been strength training though, in my quest back to the gym.  I've combined my C25K treadmill runs with my strength training.  This will get me to 3x at the gym this week --- 2 left for 3 days.  Easy-peasy, right?  I will get a workout in, although, it may be end up being a Ripped or Shred in 30 DVD, as my hubby is leaving tomorrow for Las Vegas (boo) = March Madness.  I'm quite jealous of that little trip right now, because today is March 20th --- the official First Day of Spring, and it was a blustery 8 degrees this AM with a -5 degree windchill; yup NEGATIVE 5.  I'm officially over Minnesota Winter!  5-1/2 weeks until Cancun vacation.....but, who's counting??

Back to the workout program:  week 1 of the C25K is complete.  I started over with the program; I was using the program over the summer and I made it all the way through week 7..........but then, I stopped running outside when it got cold and I stopped going to the gym when I had surgery in the fall (mind you it was hand surgery - not surgery on my legs or feet - but when I was given an "excuse" not to be able to lift anything heavy (i.e. weights or anything over 5lbs) with my hand or to even work-out for 2 weeks while I was recovering AND it is really cold outside, sadly, I took it!)   My goal is to get to the 3.1 miles (5k) during these first few weeks, even though the C25K program stops after 30-31 minutes.  I keep going at the same interval of jogging/walking until I'm close to 3.1 miles. It is taking me about 45-46 minutes now to get to 3.0 miles.  It is baby steps....but I am seeing progress.  I like to take pictures of the treadmill when I'm done - it is nice to have the visual recognition for myself:


Week 1 - Day 1
Week 2 - Day 1
 
But, back to the gym I am now.  Its a love-hate relationship.  I love how I feel when I'm done working out - and I love that even after only 1 week back, my pants fit a little better..........but I hate when that darn alarm clock goes off at 4:30 AM!  


No comments:

Post a Comment