Monday, April 1, 2013

26 days and counting

Today is Monday, April 1st - April Fool's Day.  Yesterday was Easter, I tried not to over-do it, but we had brunch at our house with yummy Blood Orange Mimosas (I used Red Orange, Trop 50 as the mix, so it had 50% less sugar) and they were DELICIOUS!  I just made up the recipe, I thought it would be a nice change from the basic mimosa....and it was!  We had ham (note:  I don't like ham, so I didn't eat that), cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, fruit, cinnamon rolls and muffins.  I ate at least 4 deviled eggs, 2 helpings of cheesy potatoes, lots of fruit and 1/2 a cinnamon roll --- oh, and 2 mimosas, so I wasn't really surprised that the scale went up by 1 pound today. 

The hubby and I are 26 days away from vacation.  We are staying here:  Secrets, Cancun.  With that looming, I figured today would be a good day to start a 30-day Isagenix program.  Tomorrow will be my first cleanse day - I didn't make it through the 9-day cleanse I was planning to start a few weeks ago.  But with vacation right around the corner, the scale not really moving at all in the past 2 weeks and the inches only just barely going down now is a great time to mix things up.  I figure it is only 30 days, right?  I can do ANYTHING for 30 days.

Here are my goals for the next 30 (ok, 26 until vacation.....) days:

  1. Increase my workouts (Note:  5x a week is the goal, but I am going to see if I can get something in every day by adding JM 30-Day Shred and/or Ripped in 30 along with my trips to the gym)
  2. Drink more water (goal to drink at least 2 containers at work - I think I have a 20oz container, but I need to confirm that)
  3. Have 4 cleanse days (at least 1 per week - no strenuous workout on these days)
  4. Track my calories and exercise (on My Fitness Pal)
  5. Reduce coffee intake (switch to tea on workdays and weekends if possible)
I'll be posting results before vacation ---- I like having the plan; and I'm positive that my summer clothes are going to fit better for vacation than they do today!  Happy Monday!

I finally brought in the Bolthouse dressing today - so I will be trying that out on my salad for lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment