Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Showers, nope it's SNOW!

Today is Thursday, April 11th.  The average high for this time in Minnesota is about 56 degrees....but today, it is 33 degrees and SNOWING!  It is terrible, to say the least.  Plus this week, my poor darlings were both sick.  Isabelle woke up on Monday morning and threw up in bed.  Poor thing, she was out of it for the entire day on Monday but started to feel better by Tuesday evening.........just in time for my little Lauren to start complaining that her tummy hurt.  Poor bug, she wanted to lie down in bed, so I tucked her in, kissed her head and went downstairs.  Less than 5 minutes later, she called out "Mommy, I just puked" (also in her brand new "big-girl" bed) - she was out of it for the entire night and part of yesterday.  They are both finally on the mend and back at school/daycare today.  Fingers crossed that Ryan and I don't get sick!

But, back to the snow.  It is horrible, it is pretty --- it looks like a snow globe that you shake up right now out my window, but it is APRIL - not December.  I'm over this snow!  Bring on the sunshine and 60 degrees that are typically part of spring in Minnesota so we can open the windows and air out our houses!!!!!  Not to mention, being outside and playing (cleaning up) in the yard! 

From my window at work
 Since my kiddos have been sick, I haven't been to the gym since Monday evening.  I was able to go on Monday both before work for cardio (although, not a great workout) and after work for Body Pump.  Taking Tues & Wed off made me feel a bit guilty; but I also haven't been sleeping great since the girls have been sick, so I couldn't imagine getting up at 4:30 this morning to get to the gym before work (not to mention the TERRIBLE rain/snow we have going on right now).  So, the plan is to go to the gym tonight, tomorrow morning for cardio, tomorrow evening for Body Pump and Saturday morning for something - maybe a step class.  That will still get me to my goal of 5x this week, even with taking Tues & Wed off.  I wasn't able to cleanse this week; but I may go for back-to-back cleanse days next week......Maybe.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment