Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Monday

Forecast = more snow.  Seriously, WTH?!?!?!?!?!  I am about to start counting the hours and minutes until I get on the plane on Saturday for Cancun.  Yes, Cancun, on Saturday.  When we booked this trip, I was a little bummed that we had to push it so far into April, because in a normal year - April is awesome in Minnesota.  I love Spring.  The grass turns green, the flowers and trees start to bloom, my tulips sprout, by Mother's Day - my Crabapple Trees are gorgeous.  And, I figured we would be enjoying all of that when I got on the plane.  Wrong.  Snow, snow and more snow.  It snowed a foot last Thursday.....and we are supposed to get another 6-7 inches again tonight.  Gross!  I just keep thinking that at this time next week, I will be in a lounge chair, gazing out at the ocean with a frozen drink in my hand. Yup, it's 9am, who cares!

Cannot wait - Secrets-The Vine, Cancun.

I didn't quite make it to my 10lb down goal for this trip.  But, I have stuck to my exercise plan of 5x per week since the beginning of April and I'm happy with that.  I can tell that my clothes fit a little better and things are starting to feel a bit more toned....so as long as my shorts fit for vacation, I'll take it for now.  I'm really excited to stay at the new resort in Cancun.  My hubby has been reading all sorts of reviews and people have said that the gym is great.........yes, I will be bringing workout stuff.  If I'm going to be staying at an all-inclusive with loads of food & drink - I need to workout!  

I took a step class on Saturday, it has been about 6 months since the last step class.  It was a fantastic workout - I was still sweating bullets about an hour after that class.  Seriously, I couldn't shower until I stopped sweating!  My calves are feeling the effects today.  I sit at a desk for work, so I'm trying to make sure that I get up about every hour and walk around (all of the water I've been drinking does help with that). No workout yesterday, but I'll be back at the gym tonight for a little cardio session before body pump.  My plan is to hit the gym every day this week; to make sure I have my 5 workouts in before I get on that plane on Saturday morning.

Cheers to a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment