Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fitness Challenges

I've been a slacker.  Complete and total slacker ever since coming home from vacation.  I haven't been eating well or exercising like I was in my pre-vacation mode (5x per week).  It ends.  This weekend is Memorial Day weekend - the unofficial kick-off to summer and I can barely fit into my shorts.  It ends today. Yes, today.  It is Thursday, not Monday.  But, today is my kick-start.  I was reading some of my favorite blogs today and I'm inspired.  I've decided to jump on the 300/30 Ab Challenge that Holly is doing.  Also found here.  I'm also going to be starting a 30-Day Squat challenge on my own.  I found that here.  I figured:  Go Big or Go Home.  Right!

I've also started reading a book called The Wheat Belly based on a recommendation from my co-worker.  I'm not completely convinced that cutting out wheat completely from my diet is the end-all-be-all solution, but I figured why not try it and see.  I'm definitely more of the mind that everything is ok in moderation, but I'm pretty sure that I personally eat WAY too much wheat after reading the first few chapters of this book.  I've tried cutting out cheese and tracking my calories until the cows come home, but so far, not much has worked for my weight loss.....only down 2.5 pounds total since Jan.  It has been a yo-yo loss for me too, up 2 lbs, back down 2lbs.  I figured why not explore cutting back on some of the wheat I'm eating.  I'm going to go back to my 2-per day Isagenix shakes too.  I am going to try all of this for the next 30 days.  I can do anything for 30 days, right?  Right!  All I have to lose is those darn pounds!

Tomorrow in my "weekly weigh-in" I'll post a picture, my measurements and maybe my starting weight (how embarrassing to actually type that number - or photograph my scale......scary!).  I don't really have any followers so maybe it won't be that bad.....just in my own brain if anyone was to stumble upon my blog.  That is OK, this is about my own accountability and my personal journey.  

Cheers to the next 30 days!  Ready, Set, GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment