Friday, June 21, 2013

Finally Friday

Good Morning!  There was a huge storm overnight last night, so besides the fact that I didn't sleep very well - it was still POURING outside at 4:45 am when my alarm went off........so, instead of getting up and going to the gym or even getting up to work out at home....I hit the snooze and went back to sleep.

I did manage to go Mon, Tues and yesterday.  I had every intention of going this morning until it was pouring rain.  I know, terrible excuse, but that happened.  I'm hoping to walk over lunch today - if it isn't raining.  There is a chance of rain and storms all day.  I would like to at least get a nice walk in over lunch if possible though - the girls have a birthday party tonight right after work - so there isn't really a chance that I can squeeze a run in after work.  Tomorrow we have soccer at 9am and 3pm and the hubby is going golfing in the AM - so unless I want to get up at 6:30 (which may happen anyway) there will be no run tomorrow morning.  I definitely need to get a run in to keep on my schedule.  I don't really like running on the treadmill at the gym.  I haven't mastered a full mile on the treadmill yet.  It is too boring.  I have a much easier time running the mile outside.  My workout on the treadmill is to interval between walking and running.  Walking is both on a flat incline and intervals between 5-12.  I find that more of a challenge and much more interesting than just running solid for 30-45 minutes.  I get bored and then I just stop running.  

My goal for the weekend is to run on both Saturday and Sunday.  I'm traveling for work next week, I have a feeling it will be a lot of sandwiches for lunch and dinners out.  I'm planning to bring workout clothes and to work out both Tues & Wed morning....and then back to the gym on Thurs & Fri.

I have no new stats for this week..........weight hasn't changed at all.  I'm still a little bummed out about that fact, but I'm trying to keep positive and not give up on this journey.  Have a great weekend - and Happy Summer Solstice Day!  The longest day of the year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment