Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap

My hubby and I both took Friday off so that we could take the girls to the water park by our house.  I had a quick appointment in the morning and then stopped at Starbucks for my favorite skim vanilla latte.  Once I got back home, I figured I should try to get in some sort of workout or run before we took off for the day.  I laced up my shoes and hit the road.  It was pretty humid, but luckily not too hot yet, at 10am.  Since this was my 4th run on the trail by my house - I have figured out a route that is just about equal to 5k.   I noticed a few minutes into my run that it seemed a little harder than my past run.  Probably because it had been 6 days since my last run. I have to try to not wait so long in between running.

I ran the first mile and then decided to walk/run the 2nd and 3rd miles.  It was pretty muggy and I realized after mile 1 that I probably should have had a little more water before I ran, instead of my delicious latte.  Nonetheless, I kept going.  The first mile was my fastest.  I walked and ran both the 2nd and 3rd mile.  Overall, I ran my farthest on this run - and my fastest mile was 12:10.  I didn't walk quite as much as the last time, and I ended up finishing in 38.14 minutes (3 minutes faster than my previous best time).  I still do not love running, but I think overall it seems to be getting a little bit better and I'm making progress.  My goal is still to run the entire 3.1 miles and to get under 35 minutes.  Overall, I'm happy with my results so far and the progress I've made in a pretty short time.  I'm hoping I'll meet my goals before my event in Sept.


Friday night, we had tickets to The Twins game.  It was a pretty nice evening for baseball, although the game didn't go in our favor.  Saturday morning, I was going to go to a class at the gym, but since my sister had to work and couldn't go with me, I decided to bail.  Sometimes I need an accountability partner.  I wanted to do something outside before my husband left to golf.  So, I ran/walked my 5k route - with a slight variation.  I decided to walk my 1/5 mile route and to try to run 1.5 miles home.  I ended up doing a combo walk/run home.  Not a huge success, but at least I did run a little.  I didn't track it with my nike app, because I was walking so much of the route.  

Once I got home, I decided to water plants and pull weeds.  That will likely be my entire summer weekend routine.  The weeds are never-ending in our yard.  It rained for most of the day after that.  The girls & I went grocery shopping and my hubby came home early from golf (since they also got rained out).  We watched the Movie "This is 40" and had adult beverages.  I know, we are a little late to the party.  I still thought it was hilarious.  It definitely paralleled a lot of our life.  I could relate on so many levels.  

Sunday was Father's Day.  I overslept, so I didn't make it to the gym for my 8:15 body pump class.  Instead, I made French Toast, sausage and fruit salad for the family to celebrate Father's Day.  It was a pretty nice day out, so we decided to hit up the water park again.  We have season passes which is so nice, because we can just run over there for a few hours whenever we have time and it is nice out.  When we got home I made a chocolate mousse pie for the hubby.  He loves chocolate dessert, so he gets that on Father's Day.  I forgot to take a picture of it so I'll do that another time and post the recipe.  We also had ribeye steaks on the grill, roasted potatoes and salad.  Yum.  I was so full after dinner I could hardly eat my dessert......but I managed a little later.

It was a great weekend!  Not too much going on (which is rare in the summer) and we spent some quality family time together.  I hope you had a great weekend too.  

I also joined bloglovin.  Follow me.  Thanks!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment