Monday, July 15, 2013

The Weekend's Over

Our fun-filled weekend is over.............and the constant eating and drinking caught up with me on the scale this morning.  Boo to that!!!  It was a great weekend - we had such a fun time with our friends.  The girls loved every minute of the water park and all of the great activities they had for the kiddos.  

The girls had their faces painted, got balloon animals, went to the kiddie dance party, stayed up and played with their friends until 11pm.  On Friday night, they made a super cute movie trailer together.  So fun!  I have to figure out what APP they used for it.  The girls had a blast making that.  But, I think one of their favorite parts (and mine) of the weekend was that they ended it at Scooops - Kids Spa.  It was so cute - they loved every minute of it, and I had such a great time watching them!  Here is to the first of many girls-day spa trips!  


But, alas, the weekend is over - and it is time to get back on track.  That means back to my 90-Day Challenge and tracking my food on Myfitnesspal!  I'm extra motivated to get back on track after I saw the number on the scale this morning.  PUKE!  I worked out this morning, completing Day 15 of my fitness challenge and I've had 1 hard boiled egg, 2 cups of coffee with sugar free vanilla and low fat natural bliss coffee mate and a protein shake.  I need to drink about a gallon of water the rest of the day now to help cleanse all of the junk from my body.  Then, my plan for the rest of the day is to have another protein shake for lunch, a small vanilla yogurt & strawberry parfait for my snack and grilled pork chops for dinner.  I'll probably pair the pork chops with some steamed broccoli.  I'm hoping to have some time later today to pull together a meal-plan for the rest of this week, to help me stay accountable.

Have a Happy Monday!!



2 comments:

  1. It is always good to have a plan of action. Does your family eat what you do? One of the biggest challenges for me is that my husband doesn't eat healthy and it is soooo hard to resist the junk food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my biggest challenges too. My husband will sometimes eat mostly the same meal as I do - but sometimes he adds extra things to his meal. For example, last night we had grilled pork chops and quinoa. I added steamed broccoli to my meal, he doesn't like broccoli, so he added chips to his. My girls are basically the same way (unless we have a giant salad for dinner - in which case they get something else, because they won't really eat salad as a meal). I don't really like cooking multiple meals, so I try to get everyone to mostly eat the same thing together and then just add other things to it for them. I completely agree with you though, it is really hard to resist the junk food!!!

      Delete