Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where has the time gone?

Oh my goodness, I woke up this morning and realized it is July 10th.  Where has the time gone?  Wasn't it just spring last week?  Now we are half way through the summer.  Tears.

The last 2 weeks have been a giant blur.  I was out of town for 3 days on a work trip and then came home to soccer games, swimming lessons and graduation parties.  Last week was the 4th of July, so I took Friday off to enjoy the sun, warmth and water with my family.  We stayed in town and spent the 4th at my sister's house - in her pool.  We took the girls to see fireworks, I could not believe they stayed up that late.  They loved the fireworks and we had a great time!!

Cousins!
Pool Time!
We had great weather the rest of the weekend as well and we were able to spend both Friday and Saturday at the water park by our house with friends.  Saturday we ended up at the water park early and then we all went home for awhile before we met up again at our house for a BBQ.  It was a really fun holiday weekend with lots of time in the sun and the water!  I was very tired by Sunday though!!

Bunker Beach - Ice Cream Time! 

This week, I'm trying to get back on track.  I was out reading a ton of blogs and I stumbled upon a facebook group called Bikini Body Mommy.  I've started a 90-day Challenge as part of that group - I started on July 1st - since I was close to that day, I figured it was a great time to start!!!  I'm really excited to try this program because it mixes up 3 days of cardio with 3 days of strength training and 1 day of rest - and it seems very manageable to complete.  So far most of the strength training days are setup to take less than 30 minutes and only require a hand weight - which allows me to easily do them either at home or at the gym.  The cardio days are only 45-minutes of cardio, again really easy to do either at home or the gym.  I'll be sharing my results after 30, 60 and 90 days.  I'm in the middle of week 2 and so far, I love it!!
Check it out here:  Bikini Body Mommy Challenge.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the tears for summer being half over...but, it looks like you guys are making the most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that it is half over! Thanks for following my blog, I appreciate it!

      Delete