Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Day Late

I wanted to post this yesterday, but I ran out of time......so here it is today, a day late.  Sorry!

I was super motivated today....it is Monday after all, the new beginning of each work week, when I typically start over fresh.  I got all of my stuff ready for the gym last night and set my alarm for the dreaded 4:35am and went to bed.  I jumped up (ok, not really) but I did get UP when my alarm went off instead of hitting snooze and going back to bed.  I grabbed my gym bag, work bag, water bottles and my hard boiled egg and headed out the door.  I got into my car, drove to the gym, walked in and went to the locker room......started to put my things away and realized - CRAP!!!!  I forgot my dress for work.  Seriously, how did I do that?  It was on my stair railing, right next to my gym bag.  Dang!  I had a decision.  Do I stay to workout and then go back home and get ready for work OR do I go back home and workout there.  Since I had a meeting at 8am, I figured it would be better to go back home and workout/get ready there.  I got back into my car, drove home.  Then I did interval running in the heat (80 degrees at 5am) and the dark in my cul-de-sac street for about 15 minutes (it was a little freaky to be out there in the super quiet dark by myself) and then I went in and did Ripped in 30-Week 2.   

I, like most of us, have a Love/Hate relationship with Jillian.  I do hate her while I'm doing the workout....but I always feel better when I'm done.


So, the plus side of this story, is that I managed to workout this morning, regardless of forgetting my clothes at home......and I'm planning to hit the gym every morning the rest of this week and then trying to add in some Ripped in 30 sessions at home in the evenings.  

Here's to Happy Motivation Monday Link-up with Wendy, at Daily Dose of Del Signore!!



Daily Dose of Del Signore

7 comments:

  1. Great job on still getting the workout in! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to talk myself out of a work out for the littliest reasons so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah- Jillian Michaels kicks my butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for making yourself work out! Jillian Michaels is going on tour and coming to a town near me. I'm debating whether or not I want to go. She's great, but will it be all the stuff I've heard before? know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. (I'm visiting from the Blog Hop by the way)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 80°??? It's freezing here! I'm currently doing 30DS (2nd time doing it, and not doing it everyday, but 2-3 times a week). I did Ripped and I'll do it again (but just the 2-3 times a week also) but I think I like 30DS better.

    I admire you all who GO to the gym, mine is in the basement and I have NO excuses ... if I did have to pack up and go somewhere I'm sure I'd have all kinds of issues every single day. It's really hard to remember everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on not letting a little inconvenience be an excuse not to exercise!

    ReplyDelete