Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cauliflower Biscuits

When I decided to go low/slow carb, that meant cutting out bread, bisquits and just about all things of that nature.....and I won't lie, I've missed them.  I have a new appreciation for my future sister-in-law who has Celiac Disease and cannot eat wheat.  Needless to say, I've been on a quest to find a replacement.  Enter these yummy little "biscuits" made with cauliflower.

These were so delicious and I don't really even miss regular ones (ok, maybe with some extra butter slathered on them I would miss flour biscuits) but these are really good!  I stumbled upon this recipe, found here and then modified it slightly.  Enjoy!


Cauliflower Biscuits
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 head of cauliflower, rinsed
  • 1/2 small onion, minced
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup bacon (minced or real bits)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12-count muffin tin.
  • Cut up cauliflower and onion and then use a food processor to chop/shred
  • Spray a saute pan with a little olive oil and saute your cauliflower and onion for about 5 minutes until the moisture is removed.
  • Use your food processor or other small blender to grind the almonds
  • In a bowl mix together the eggs and cheese, then add almonds, bacon and the cauliflower/onion mixture.
  • Spoon into a muffin tin (I used an ice cream scoop to make sure they were all the same size)
  • Bake for about 25 minutes, let cool before removing from the muffin tin.  Run a knife along the edge to easily remove from the tin.

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I will def be trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, these sound delicious!!! maybe after this week, when we can all turn our ovens on again, i will try them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I'm doing everything in my power to not turn it on this week.....lots of microwave reheating!!!! Please let me know if you try them!

      Delete