Monday, August 12, 2013

Motivation & Weekly Goals ~ It's Monday

Time to jump back on that train - MOTIVATION & GOALS!!!  Today it is a 2-for-1; double duty link-up.  First, I'm linking up with Wendy from Daily Does of Del Signore & Tiffany from The Fit Train and then my double up is to set some goals for the week...so I'm linking up with Jess from Operation Skinny Jeans.

Daily Dose of Del Signore

I'll start by saying that I had EVERY intention of getting up and working out this morning.....but (insert terrible excuse here) I stayed up until 11pm last night.  I am typically in bed by about 10pm....so when my alarm went off at 5:15am I was having NONE of it.  I went back to sleep until 6:15 instead.  I WILL workout after work though (with or without my sister-accountability partner).

Last night the girls and I were playing some driveway chalk hopscotch when I may challenged them to a race around the house.  My 7-year old was totally in for the race!!!  I decided that I should let her have a little head start and then we were off.  I went around our swing set but, she cut in front of it instead, so that little stinker REALLY beat me.  I may have yelled "Cheater!" because I couldn't believe it.  I mean, I was going to let her win; but with her headstart and shortcut she actually beat me anyway.  I won't live that one down from my hubby for awhile.  I guess that means it's time to start kicking up my interval training a bit faster on the treadmill.  Yikes!  I can't really let my 7-year old beat me?? Right?!?!?!


Operation Skinny Jeans

1.  WORKOUT-5 times this week.  I likely will NOT work out on Saturday or Sunday since we will be up north for a family reunion - so that means Mon-Fri workout time!

2.  WATER.  I did not come anywhere close to drinking enough water over the weekend.  So, I will try to drink at least 64 ounces each day this week - and to have at least 32oz before lunch each day (Monday- check, 32oz down by 10am!). 

3.  RUN.  Run at least 2 times this week (in the 5-day workout plan).  My 5k is coming up in about 6 weeks; so I need to get my act together if I'm really going to run the entire thing.

Have a great week!!!!!


14 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing active things with the kiddos! Great goals for the week. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We've definitely been trying to do more active things with our girls like taking family walks, going to the park, etc.

      Delete
  2. I can't commit to working out on the weekends because I love to sleep in and spend this time with the kids since school has started back. But my 3yo keeps me busy enough so who needs a gym...LOL! Good luck getting ready for your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - isn't it tough! I hate getting up at 4:45 in the morning, but I just can't really figure out when else to get the workout in each day! The plus side is once I'm done that early, I don't have to think about it again all day!!!

      Delete
  3. I need to keep following my weekly goals too! Thanks for the reminder :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!! I'm not great at keeping on track each week, but I figure by setting the smaller goals, maybe I'll get better at it!

      Delete
  4. These are some great goals! More power to you for running- I absolutely hate running and just can never get into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I liked it better......at this point, I just hope it starts to get a little easier!!

      Delete
  5. Having active fun with the kids is so goal for all involved. I know they love seeing you active with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely trying to get them more involved!!! I want them to be healthy and active too!

      Delete
  6. I do that with my kiddos all the time - especially at the end of the day when I realize I need to get more activity in! Good job! Love your goals too! I can't believe I struggle with water, since that's all I drink, but it is hard to get it all in. I have my first 5K chomping up in about the same time - I would love running the whole thing! I'm not there quite yet, but I did manage just under 2 straight today - big milestone! Good luck to you!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your 5k too! I struggle every day to drink enough water....but today I managed it!!

      Delete
  7. We'll forget about this morning's skipped workout. I hope you a great workout after work.thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I did manage to get to the gym for Body Pump class tonight. Day 1 down, 4 to go!!

      Delete