Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vanilla Protein Bread/Pound Cake

I've said this before, but it is still true.....one of the things I miss the most since trying to cut out wheat/white carbs/all around bad for you stuff is bread.  This past weekend, my little one asked me to make her some Banana Bread - kill me.  It made my house smell amazing, but it was full of white flour and sugar, so while I tried really hard not to eat any....I couldn't resist one tiny little slice. Yum!!! But to stop myself from eating any more (OR the rest of it) I went in search of a replacement that I could eat, sans guilt.

Enter Pinterest.  What did we do before that site?  I found this recipe and decided to try it out. Typically when I make a recipe for the first time I follow it to the exact detail; but I didn't have the exact same ingredients so I had to alter it slightly.  It was really good.  It was very dense, more like pound cake then bread, but still a great alternative for anyone trying to cut out bad carbs!!!


Note:  It shrunk down and cracked a little once it cooled, but it was still good.

Vanilla Protein Bread
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 cup vanilla protein powder (I used Isagenix Creamy French Vanilla)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 packets stevia (I didn't have any of liquid stevia)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp. baking powder

Directions:
  • Use a food processor to chop up the cauliflower into very small pieces.
  • Mix all ingredients with the cauliflower together in a blender (or you can probably use a food processor if yours is larger than my little one) OR you can chop up the cauliflower and then us a hand mixer to mix together.  
  • Pour into a sprayed loaf pan.  Bake at 325 for approx 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
Note:  I used the food processor to chop up the cauliflower and then mixed everything in my blender.  






1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog. LOVE the name.
    I can't wait to try this bread...I needed a new snack idea. :)

    ReplyDelete