Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Motivation Tuesday

I'm a day late on my favorite link-up Motivation Monday.  I am trying to get back into my routine but, I'm still having some trouble with my consistent posting (sorry about that).  This week I am trying to better plan out our dinner/meals for the week.  I decided that I needed to come up with some low-carb but filling meals. Enter, my crock pot.  I love cooking in the crockpot - especially in the fall.  It is so easy; just throw some ingredients in it - turn it onto high or low (depending on if you put everything in it at 6am) and at the end you have a delicious meal.  I love walking into my house after work and smelling the delicious meal waiting!

Do you meal plan??  What are your go-to meals?  Do you have a way to keep track or plan out each week?  I would love ideas if you have any suggestions on making this easier!

Daily Dose of Del Signore

Saturday I threw together some Turkey Chili and yesterday I made Chicken Lime Soup.  YUM!  When my husband and I were in Mexico earlier in the year, we had a delicious lime chicken soup.  Once we returned home I set out on a mission to try to recreate that soup.  Below is my crockpot version of the soup.  I've included the recipe below......let me know if you try it out!

Chicken Lime Soup
Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 Large Onion, chopped
  • 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes w/chilis (like Rotel)
  • 4-6 cups of chicken broth
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • 1/8 tsp chili powder
  • 2 Limes
  • Cilantro, chopped
  • Avocado (optional)
Directions:
  • Spray your crockpot/slow cooker with some olive oil (or pour about 1 tbsp in the bottom if you don't have a spritzer for it).  
  • Add chopped onions, chicken breast, and tomatoes to the crockpot/slow cooker.
  • Add salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder (and any other seasonings you may want to add if you like it spicy).
  • Cover with at least 4 cups of chicken broth (you can add up to 6 cups if 4 isn't enough)
  • Cook for at least 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low; then take out the chicken breast and shred with 2 forks.  
  • Add the chicken back into the crockpot until you are ready to serve.
  • Prior to serving add the juice of 2 limes to the soup.
  • Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced/diced avocado (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment