Thursday, December 12, 2013

Festive Favorites Link Up

I love Christmas time - even though it is so crazy and busy - it is still my absolute favorite time of the year!! So what is more fun that a Holiday/Christmas link-up?  Today I am linking up with Amber and Jennifer for the Festive Favorites link-up.

Crafty Healthy Mommy

1. Favorite Christmas Song:  Last Christmas and Silent Night

2. Christmas song you cannot stand:  All I want for Christmas is You (that song drives me crazy, all I can picture is Mariah in that dumb dress)

3. Favorite Holiday Movie:  Elf

4. Real or artificial tree:  I love real trees, but I always forgot to keep giving them water; and I hate, hate, hate cleaning up the needles............so we have a pre-lit fake tree.

5.  White or colored lights:  White lights inside the house (goes better with the decor).  Colored lights outside on the house/shrubs/trees.

6.  All matching ornaments or more random personal ornaments:  Random personal ornaments (but matching color-coordinated bulbs)

7.  Favorite Ornament:  This is really tough, my hubby gets me a new family ornament each year and I love all of them!!!  But, I think the favorite one is still the ornament he got me for our very first Christmas together.

8.  Angel or star tree-topper:  Star on top of the tree.  My angel sits on the mantel next to my other decorations in the living room.

9.  Does Santa wrap presents or leave them unwrapped:  Unwrapped

10.  Favorite childhood memory:  Running into our living room on Christmas morning to see if Santa brought me the Barbie Dream House that I really, really wanted!  He did.  And then I told my sister that it was only MINE!  Because I asked for it, not her.  Ha-ha-ha!!!!  She wasn't very happy with me.....but after a while that morning I did end up letting her play with it too :)

11.  Coffee, hot chocolate or eggnog:  Coffee, with peppermint mocha Coffeemate or Baileys!

12.  Christmas morning at home or do you travel?  At home.  We host an early 10am brunch at our house with my family.

13.  Traditional family meal or something unconventional:  I guess, we consider it traditional.....for at least the past 15 years we always the same basic brunch menu:  Stuffed French Toast and Spicy Cheesey Potatoes - along with that is whatever else we decide on (bacon, sausage, fruit).  Last year I added Mimosas to the menu.  My girls even got to have them (made with sparkling grape juice).....in as my oldest daughter said "Women's cups" - meaning wine glasses.  Luckily I had some extra plastic wine glasses that they could use for their drinks!

14.  Personalized photo Christmas cards, store bought cards, e-cards or "aint nobody got time for that":  Personalized photo cards.  We do a family picture together and then some other pictures of the girls.  I like having a family picture in our card,  I don't really like it when cards are ONLY pictures of the kids --- I like to see my friends & family in the pictures too.  Plus, its a good excuse to have a family picture taken together each year.  I don't have enough of those!!!  We also always include a holiday letter that my hubby writes each year.  It is a fun way to recap our year.


No comments:

Post a Comment