Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday - Cookie Edition

I'm linking up with Darci for Five on Friday --- what is on my mind today:  Cookies!!!!  My girls, my sister, my neice and my mom get together every year to make and decorate Christmas Cookies.  The last 2 years my future sister-in-law has joined us too.  We are making cookies on Sunday.  Cut-out sugar cookes are my girls favorite - but they take SO long to make and decorate that tonight we will be making some of them and then finishing them up on Sunday.  These are my top 5 favorite cookies:


ONE:  SUGAR COOKIES
These can be VERY time consuming, but so fun and pretty on a cookie plate.  These are really cute - I love to look at other photos to figure out how to decorate mine.


TWO:  PEANUT BLOSSOMS
My future sister-in-law has Celiac's disease, so we make these now without flour and they are still delicious!



THREE:  SPRITZ
We use my grandma's recipe --- she made the absolute BEST Spritz cookies ever!

(source

FOUR: MEXICAN WEDDING CAKES (aka Russian Tea Cakes)
This is one of my favorite cookies.  My sister and I typically make and eat the entire batch alone.  



FIVE:  PRETZEL LOGS
Ok, this isn't technically a cookie --- but they are one of the most requested things our families ask for at Christmas time!   We dip them in this amazing caramel and then decorate with mini m&m's or chocolate.


I can't wait for cookie day on Sunday.  I'm sure I'll be bringing plates of cookies into work to share next week!!!!!  What is your favorite Christmas Cookie?????






5 comments:

  1. Love the cookies! I always tell myself that I am going to take the time to truly decorate them, but I never do. Hopefully soon!! They're so pretty! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Forever Young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - that is why we are doing them in batches this year. Typically we frost them last and by the time we do it, we are all too tired to take the time to make them pretty!

      Delete
  2. I just got Christmas tree cookie cutters and this post just inspired me to use them!! Yum!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I've never met a cookie I didn't like. But I'd have to say good old chocolate chip is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there beautiful!!! hi from the linkup! :) drooling after reading this delicious post...aaaand now i kinda wanna go make some cookies! yes, please!! :)

    hope you had a happy, merry weekend, doll! xx

    ReplyDelete