Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, Monday, Monday

I haven't been a very good blogger.  When things get busy at home, work, in life - this just has to take a backseat.  We have been pretty busy the past few weeks.  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house and things just haven't slowed down since then.  I'm still trying to keep up with my goals to get through this holiday season without packing on 10 pounds; but it hasn't been easy.  I'm finally back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight again.

I did gain a few pounds after Thanksgiving, not from that day --- but from all of the leftovers!  As I said we hosted....which equals leftovers.  I tried and tried and tried to give food away - but there were no takers - we are stuck with everything!  I could not believe that  NOBODY wanted leftovers.  This is about the 10th year that I've hosted Thanksgiving; people ALWAYS take leftovers.  We had about 10 people for dinner and 14 people for dessert.  Last year we about the same number of people and we only had a few slices of pie left over; so this year I decided to be smart --- make 4 pies instead of 3 (like last year).  But, what happened?  We had 2 entire pies left over.  What?!?!?!?!  How is that even possible?  And, NOBODY took pie home.  Come on, I don't need 2 pies at my house for my family of 4.   I have a weakness for sweets - and I made both French Silk and Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving.  We had 1 of each left.  We were eating turkey and pie for days after Thanksgiving.  That was NOT a help to the weight challenge!!!!

Next up is Christmas cookies............we end up putting these out in our freezer; so that I'm not tempted to eat entire batches of cookies in a single sitting.  Sunday is our annual Christmas Cookie day.  We make about 10 different kinds of cookies --- and they are Christmas Cookies, which means full sugar, white flour and butter.  You can't have Christmas cookies with substitutes, in my opinion, it just isn't the same.  

It has also been BITTER, BITTER, BITTER cold here.  I try not to use that as an excuse, really I'm trying.  But, when you get up to go to the gym at 4:30 in the morning - and it is -10 degrees outside......it makes it a challenge to leave the warm and cozy bed.  I haven't been to the gym since Saturday (after Thanksgiving).  I'm hoping to turn that back around this week - and hoping the weather gets a little bit better - but I'm not sure that it will ---- here is the forecast for the next few days - Thursday will probably feel like a heat wave!

It is Monday - time to get back into the swing of things!  
Goals for the week:
  1. Drink Enough Water - Every.Single.Day
  2. Get to the gym (or at least work out at home) 5 times
  3. Track food & calories -- Every.Single.Bite (even those peanut m&m's that are just sitting out calling my name)
  4. Finish my Christmas Shopping!  I know that isn't fitness related; but it needs to get done!


1 comment:

  1. I have been struggling with the holidays already! We were in Florida for Thanksgiving and had leftovers for days! It also didn't help going from vacation eating to holiday eating! Ugh! We got back to MN wednesday and I still can't get back on track because ai keep looking to Christmas as an excuse!

    Good luck with all your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete