Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pictures....What Pictures???

I need to become better friends with my camera.  I try to take pictures - but honestly I think most of the times I'm a big fail when it comes down to capturing great photos.  Case in point - trying to pull pictures together for our annual Christmas card.

I searched through all of the downloaded photos I have of our family for the past year ---- and what sort of great family photos do we have?  None.  Zero.  Nada.  Fail.  We ended up taking our family photo in front of our tree this year - and we used the timer on the camera to do it.  I'm sure there were MANY times over the past year where we were dressed up and could have had at least 1 other picture taken together (like a birthday party - or a family event, but nope.  Not a single one).

I also looked back over my daughter's birthday party pictures ---- and I'm not very happy with myself about those either.  I really should have STOPPED and taken the few minutes to take a picture of the group of lovely little girls that attended their parties ---- and probably a picture with each little girl and my daughter(s) at their parties.  But, nope - I've got nothin.

I did manage to take pictures of the girls at the State Fair and on the first day of school that turned out well - and they are on our Xmas photo.............but I still feel like I missed out on capturing some really great moments over the past year.  With all of the technology I have at my fingertips (ie.  my phone, my ipad, my camera) I'm hoping that in 2014 we have A LOT more photos to choose from for the annual Christmas Card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment