Monday, January 6, 2014

Motivation Monday - 2014 Style

I'm linking up with Wendy and the Motivation Monday group today.  I've really enjoyed linking up with this group in the past, and there are a few new faces in the group this year.  They added a theme to each week, which is a great idea!  The first week's theme is Resolutions.



I've talked about what the Top 10 things I'm most looking forward to this year are.....but now it is time to actually document the resolutions.

First:  I'm sure just like most people my top resolution/goal is to drop some pounds, finally feel fit and comfortable in my clothes!  I'm not really setting a goal weight exactly, but I would like to finally be closer to my weight the year I got married (to celebrate my 10-year anniversary this year).

Second:  Spending more quality time with my girls.  The days are so crazy and busy for us between work, school and activities.........but I'm going to commit to NO social media, ipad or phone from dinner time to bed time when we are at home.  I want to stop being so tied to my electronics and to really spend more time with my girls and husband being PRESENT in what they are doing.

Third:  Getting back into a gym routine.  Making a commitment to the gym at least 3x per week.

Fourth:  Start planning out meals for our family; to make sure all of those crazy hectic weekday nights are a little less stressful, and stop being the easy back up chicken nuggets or cheese quesadillia's for dinner.

Those seem like goals I should be able to keep!!!
Daily Dose of Del Signore

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi Justine! Thanks for hooking up with our MM team! New follower here. I know you can get to the weight you want! Just got to believe in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen! I just followed you back - I'm really looking forward to the new group and the topics for Motivation Monday!

      Delete
  2. I hear you on the feeling comfortable in your clothes...my goal is to get the weight off this year, keep it off and to shop in the back of my closet! So many cute things that just don't fit right, but if I can get rid of the baby weight I know they'll fit like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with us! If you can stick with 3 and 4, 1 will be no problem. I too and trying to be more present although I think I do pretty well with social media in the evening. I try to only log food if I need to until after my girls go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I don't plan out our meals, they tend to get unhealthy pretty quick! Once you get in the habit of planning and prepping, you will be so addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals! I want to work harder on the meal planning too!

    ReplyDelete