Monday, January 27, 2014

Motivation Monday - Super Bowl Snacks

We love football in our house...........every Sunday during football season we stop off and pick up pizza after church to watch football.  It's not super healthy, I know, but it is our family tradition.  For the Super Bowl we typically have a party to go to at someone's house - but this year is a little different, it is also my brother's bachelor party..........so, my hubby will be there and the girls and I will be at home (making about 100 cake pops for his wedding on the Friday after the big game.

On to Motivation Monday - Healthy Super Bowl Snacks.  This is one of my favorite link-ups of the week with Wendy and the crew.  Since it will just be me, my girls and hopefully my mom & sister (helping with the cake pops) we will probably have a few healthier snacks and food that day.


I'm planning to make Turkey Chili in the crockpot and we will probably have veggies & dip out to snack on during the day.  Normally I would be making Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip (I noticed that Mama B already posted a similar recipe to mine).  I don't have a picture of my chili, but here is one from Skinny Taste that looks similar and is a similar recipe to mine.

SOURCE
Crock Pot Turkey Chili
Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can white beans
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (like Rotel)
  • 2 tbsp chili powder (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

  • Brown the turkey and onion with olive oil in a medium skillet until the turkey is cooked through.  Drain any excess fat and transfer to the crock pot.  (Note:  I have also cooked the chili longer in the crockpot without browning the ground turkey first --- just make sure you cook it long enough)
  • Add the beans, tomatoes and seasoning to the crockpot
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Garnish with your favorite toppings.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yum that looks so good, I'm going to have to try this!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete