Monday, January 13, 2014

Motivation Monday: Things I will do better this year

It is Monday - which means it is time for one of my favorite link ups with Wendy and The Motivation Monday team!

Daily Dose of Del Signore

My list of the things I want to do better this year:

  • Meal Plan for my family.  My husband and I had a "discussion" about this yesterday before I went to the grocery store.  It went a little like this.....ME:  "What do you want for dinners this week?"  HUBBY:  "Um, I don't care".   This is how most of our conversations about meal planning go.  We are so busy during the week with our girls and activities that if we don't plan something out, we end up grabbing whatever is the quickest or fastest for dinner......which often means a cheese quesadilla, grilled cheese or mac & cheese for the girls.  Do you think we eat to much cheese?  Related post here.  Well, I started searching out ideas on blogs and pinterest - and put together this dinner/meal plan for the week.  
    • Monday - we are meeting my MIL for dinner; so no need to plan
    • Tuesday - Pesto Chicken (Crockpot)
    • Wednesday - Chicken Tacos (the meat is already made for this, I just have to take it out of the freezer!)
    • Thursday - Sandwiches (I'm meeting friends out for dinner, so hubby is on his own here)
    • Friday - Beef & Broccoli (Crockpot)
  • Drink More Water.  This is a huge challenge for me.  I do NOT drink enough water.  I can always tell when I don't; so I need to start doing this.  My skin is so dry in the winter and I know if I drank more water it would really help with it!
  • Gym = Go to the GYM!  Quite a few people I know have recently started up with an Extreme Body Shaping program and the friends I know who have completed this have had amazing results.  The program is 10 weeks.....Kickboxing, weight lifting and nutrition.  You commit to going 6 days a week with 1 day of rest.  When I mentioned t his to my hubby....he said "If you actually go to the gym and workout like that for 6 days a week for 10 weeks; I'm sure you would have results too".  Fair point.  So, that is what I'm going to do.  Workout 6 days a week for 10 weeks.....starting today.  

Today:  I packed my gym bag & work bag last night.  Got up at 4:45 this morning..........remembered that I didn't pack my shoes.......grabbed shoes from hall closet before walking out the door.  Drove to the gym.  Unpacked gym bag, took out shoes to discover I grabbed 2 different shoes, both left foot.  How did I do that?  Well, my shoes are both white & pink....older and newer, so I didn't even notice.  Dumb!  So much for the gym workout.  I booked back home........found the correct right shoe in the closet and worked out at home.  At least I still worked out!!!!

What do you want to do differently this year?

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Planning ahead makes such a huge difference! Hope you have a great week and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you're a planner! We would be great friends IRL. :)

    I've run out with two different colored shoes on before! I never slow down to pay attention to stuff like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Oh no - at least you got a workout in! When I was pregnant I actually went to work wearing two different shoes! One black and one brown Teva sandal. :). Good planning with the meals - I do so much better when I meal plan. Also, I never seem to stick to it 100% but it always helps keep me on track! I feel like I'm a little better set up this week because I have a guide and I prepped my lettuce for salads.

    Happy Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total bummer on the shoes. I'm such a homebody, it's lucky I have a complete home gym. I don't know how much I would get done if I actually had to leave the house. I did pack my shoes (I did take both a left and a right one luckily) and jogged the track during my little one's basketball practice and game (I stopped running and came down to watch/video when he was playing), but I love the comfort and convenience of home.

    I really need to plan meals better. Life is SO crazy with all the kid and their schedules (and hubby too) it makes getting dinner in at all a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meal planning is so important to stay on track but also to keep ourselves organized...and while I know it's probably the key to keeping me sane, I just can't seem to meal plan. I really need to do this better...thanks for the reminder! You'll have to teach me the ways lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great things to change! I have that same conversation with my hubby every week too. Finally I said fine then you will eat what I cook. Now he gives some in put most weeks. I find meal planning to be key for my eating.

    Way to go on working out at home! Most people would have used it as an excuse to not exercise at all! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went shopping last night with a week's worth of dinners planned out. Doing this cost about twice as much as our normal shopping trips where we buy the same basic things all the time and I throw something together every night. How do you get meal planning to work?

    ReplyDelete