Thursday, January 9, 2014

Quick and Easy Breakfast

Breakfast on a typically day is either a quick Isagenix Shake or hardboiled eggs...something easy I can make or grab running out the door.  But, it has been SO cold here in MN, that I'm really not loving a freezing cold shake first thing in the morning (in the car trying to drive with mittens on and the heat blowing full blast) and I've OD'd over the holiday break on eggs.  I've been trying to find something else to quick and easy to eat for breakfast and I stumbled on this recipe earlier this week on Facebook:  Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go

It reminded me of that 2-3 ingredient cookie recipe with oatmal & bananas that has been all over pinterest, so I thought I would give it a try.  I didn't have all of the ingredients, and I cut out the oil....I also wanted to just try the recipe, so I cut it in half instead of making the entire batch.  Verdict:  They are pretty good.  A great quick breakfast on the go.  And a nice change from eggs.
Oatmeal Muffin Cups


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp. flax seed
  • 3 Packets Stevia in the Raw 
  • 2 Very Ripe Bananas
  • 1 individual pack of applesauce (or 1/2 cup of applesauce)
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups water 
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375.  Line a muffin pan with liners (I used the foil liners).
  • In a large bowl mix together the oatmeal, flax seed, stevia packets and salt.  In a separate bowl mix together the bananas, applesauce, vanilla.
  • Mix the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and add the water.  Stir in 1 cup of water until combined and continue to add up to 1/2 cup more water if you need it.  I used all 1 1/2 cups of water.   
  • Stir in the chocolate chips.  
  • Fill muffin pans 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes.
Notes:
Makes 12 Muffin Cups
Each muffin has about 110 calories.
Microwave for about 25-30 seconds to reheat.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment