Friday, March 21, 2014

Five on Friday - Randomness

Happy Friday.  And, Happy Spring.  As I live in Minnesota, it doesn't really feel like spring yet.  There is still A TON of snow on the ground, but yesterday it was over 40 degrees - and with very little wind, it actually felt pretty good!  It snowed for about 10 minutes this morning, but luckily that didn't end up sticking to the ground.  March in Minnesota tends to be our snowiest month.  But, we've had MORE than enough snow this winter; bring on warm weather, sun and spring!!!!

Five on Friday - Randomness in my brain.

{One} 
Starbucks Venti Vanilla Latte, oh how I miss you.  I'm currently on week 5 of the Fast Metabolism Diet and there is NO dairy in that program.  Technically NO Caffeine either, but that is much too difficult - I have given up enough, so I still have 1 cup of coffee per day.  The FMD is a 28-day or 4 week program; but I haven't quite made it to my goal weight, so I decided to keep going.  Once I hit my goal weight, I'll be celebrating with You Vanilla Latte!!  (Oh, and no liquor either, but I may have had 1 glass of wine last week on date night with the hubby).


{Two} 
Girls = Drama.  I love my girls more than anything in the world.  But, I cannot take getting them ready for school!  Typically my hubby does that in the mornings but he is in Vegas for March Madness - so I'm on single parent duty this week.  My oldest informed me yesterday that it was the "worst day of her whole life" because I wouldn't let her new flip-flops to school (did I mention there is still a TON of snow here?)  Oh boy - tears on the way to the bus.  Yikes!  Today, my youngest couldn't find a shirt that "matched" with her black jeans.  First, they are jeans and second, they are black.  Um, anything matches!!!!!!  Try reasoning with a 6 year old though.  Hysterical tears when I told her she had exactly 1 minute to find a shirt and get her coat on or she would miss the bus.  I'm so happy my hubby is back on morning duty next week!


{Three} 
Spring.  I'm so happy you are here - now if the temperature could just stay above 40 for a week - I think all of the gross dirty snow would be gone.  I have noticed grass in my yard though; and at work they are starting to get the grounds ready for spring plants!!!!  This was our winter - so to say I'm excited for spring is an Understatement!!!!  Bring it!  



{Four}
Clothes.  We recently moved to a "Dress For Your Day" dress code at work - which means no more suits (on most days) - YAY!  I don't have many important meetings in my job, so our new dress code means I can wear jeans to work almost every day!  That is GREAT, but I only have 3 pair of jeans right now.  I'm in a bit of a struggle with myself about new clothes too (because I've lost 12 pounds on FMD, but I still have a few more to go)/  I don't want to spend a ton of money on new clothes if in another month I may be down 1 size.  What to do?!  Maybe I can hold out until its warmer and I can start adding my capri pants in the rotation.  


{Five}
March Madness.  Pretty sure my bracket(s) can all be ripped up!  Dang you Harvard, North Dakota State and Dayton!   I'm not in last place, but I'm petty close to the bottom.  One person in our pool has all of them right going into the games today.







Happy Friday!  Bring on the weekend and no more school duty!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Even though DC has the lowest number on the chart, I definitely agree. It's warm here today, but we are supposed to get more snow on Tuesday. Come on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone has pretty much had a terrible winter ---- bring on spring!!!!

      Delete