Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Five - Birthday Girl Edition

Happy Friday --- my favorite day of the week!!!!  And of course, the Five on Friday linkup!  Today's edition is dedicated to my daughter; her birthday is this weekend so i thought it would make a great Friday post!



One:
Isabelle was born at 37 weeks --- and after a crazy long labor; I ended up delivering her via c-section.
She was perfect in every way.  We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl - so we didn't have her name completely picked out when she arrived ---- but we took one look at her and knew that her name would be Isabelle.  She weighed 6 lbs 2 oz and was 19 inches long.  A little peanut with a ton of black hair like her daddy.




Two:
Isabelle changed so much over the next year growing from a tiny little newborn into a little toddler.....she started walking and going everywhere.  She loved starting to eat real food --- and her favorite things to do were to eat pizza and watch Mickey Mouse with daddy!!!  We sold our townhouse and found our new house.....the day we got the offer, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2, her little sister.


Three:
She loves being a big sister!!!!!  She was 20 months old when her little sister was born....I think that was a great age for her to be when her sister arrived, she was so excited about her sister that she didn't really have any times where she was jealous or angry about time being split between her and the new baby.


Four:
She was growing into such a little girly girl.  She still loves all things pink and dressy!!!!  She started to really get into princesses and dressing up!  She still loves princesses (especially FROZEN!) and she loves to wear dresses and skirts.




Five:
She is turning 8 this weekend....I honestly cannot believe how quickly the time flies.  It really does seem like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms and rocking her to sleep in the chair in her room.  She is so kind and loving.  She tries so hard to be good most of the time, but she is very stubborn!  She is also very competitive - and those two traits together can sometimes push all of my buttons!  She is still very much a little girl though - and just recently at a school outing she was bowling with some other kids.....she was very mad at herself for not having the highest score and she got both mad and upset at the same time.  My husband was volunteering at the event with her and he said:  It's tough, she has my competitive nature but she is still such a little girl to get so mad that she started to cry at the bowling alley.


I'm sure the next few years will have their moments of me wanting to rip out all of my hair with her stubbornness; but I am also pretty confident that this trait in her will keep her out of trouble - because if she doesn't think something is right she won't do it - and she doesn't care what anyone else thinks of it!


Happy Birthday, my sweetest Belle!  I love you with all of my heart!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment